Lunchtime Calls: Wednesdays, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM — Booksellers only!
Join us for a lunchtime call each Wednesday. Learn what fellow bookstores are implementing, troubleshoot issues, and discuss the state of the
Happy Hour: Select Thursdays, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM — Open to all NEIBA members!
Unwind with NEIBA members at the end of the week with your beverage of choice! See friend’s faces, recommend binge-worthy
quarantine content, and share stories. Please note: we will only host Happy Hours on evenings when we do not have education.
Thursday Education Series
Roundtable for Holiday Book Buying (click here for video)
Book buyers have a roundtable discussion about the logistics of buying for this uncertain holiday season: how to you make your decisions, what questions to ask reps, how to maximize your accounts with publishers and wholesalers. This will be a casual Q&A-based discussion on a topic that will continue to arise through Q4.
Simon & Schuster Adult Editors Buzz Panel (click here for video)
Eight editors from Simon & Schuster’s various imprints (listed below) spend 5 minutes presenting a project they’re excited about. Afterwards, we’ll dedicate some time to a Q&A with booksellers.
- Adams Media: Rebecca Thomas • The Book Club Journal, The Ultimate Micro-RPG Book
- Atria Books: Michelle Herrera Mulligan • I Once Was You, Anxious People
- Avid Reader Press: Lauren Wein • Group, The Appointment
- Saga Press: Joe Monti • Black Sun
- Gallery Books: Lauren Spiegel • Solutions and Other Problems
- Scribner: Kathy Belden • Cuyahoga, She Comes By It Natural
- Simon & Schuster: Marysue Rucci • White Ivy, Magic Lessons
- Tiller Press: Ronnie Alvarad • How to Host a Game Night, Novel Advice
Simon & Schuster Children's Editors Buzz Panel (click here for video)
Nine editors from Simon & Schuster’s various children’s imprints (listed below) spend 5 minutes presenting a project they’re excited about. Afterwards, we’ll dedicate some time to a Q&A with booksellers.
- Denene Millner, VP and Editorial Director, Denene Millner Books
- Caitlyn Dlouhy, VP and Editorial Director, Caitlyn Dlouhy Books
- Reka Simonsen, Editorial Director, Atheneum Books for Young Readers
- Kendra Levin, Editorial Director, Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
- Sarah McCabe, Editor, Margaret K. McElderry Books
- Allyn Johnston, VP and Publisher, Beach Lane Books
- Sylvie Frank, Senior Editor, Paula Wiseman Books
- Siobhan Ciminera, Editorial Director, Simon Spotlight
- Jeffrey Salane, Editorial Director, Little Simon
Virtual Events Education (click here for video)
Kym Havens and Cassie Riva from An Unlikely Story in Plainville, MA share their comparisons of Zoom and Crowdcast, teach you their best practices, and answer questions!
Macmillan Editors Buzz Panel (click here for video)
Five editors across Macmillan's imprints present three titles: a book that's currently on sale,
a featured Fall 2020 title, and a far-out project (that you'll want to keep an eye out for). Click here to view an Edelweiss collection of these titles. Participating
- Patrick Nielsen Hayden, Editor-in-Chief, Tor Books
- Jenna Johnson, Executive Editor, Farrar, Straus & Giroux
- Liz Szabla, Associate Publisher, Feiwel & Friends
- Anna deVries, Senior Editor, St. Martin's Publishing Group
- Caroline Bleeke, Senior Editor, Flatiron Books
Q&A with Andy Hunter, CEO of Bookshop.org (click here for video)
For those with questions about Bookshop.org,
this presentation (followed by a Q&A) is the opportunity to have them answered by the man at the top.
Edelweiss Education (click here for video)
With stores starting Fall 2020 sales calls, and nobody knowing what Fall will look like in terms of retail,
NEIBA Board President Beth Wagner will present tools, tips, and tricks for efficient buying practices during this uncertain bookselling environment. This is a session designed for bookstore buyers with Edelweiss experience who are looking to expand
their Edelweiss skill set in order to improve their buying process (and profitability).
Our wonderful sales reps give us inside intel on the best books to promote to your customers RIGHT NOW: fresh-from-the-oven frontlist, backlist gems, books perfect for this quarantined moment.
Rep Picks on April 9 (no video available)
Rep Picks on April 16 (click here for video)
Rep Picks on April 30 (click here for video)
To keep these meetings secure, we have e-mailed log-in information and posted it to the NEIBA Facebook groups. To gain access, e-mail Ali@NEBA.org.